Benny is a professional with a broad background in user experience, digital marketing, marketing technology and operations with more than eighteen years of experience in business analysis, project management and leadership. Competencies include managing operational processes across the marketing department including performance management, budget planning and strategic projects including but not limited to: marketing measurement and quarterly reviews of key performance indicators and campaigns; identify, evaluate and develop methods and procedures that are efficient, effective and improve ROI; plan and direct web and digital solutions using waterfall and agile methods; evaluate, source and recommend technology providers such as CRM, digital asset management, project management, and workflow software to improve the effectiveness of marketing goals and investments.
Strategic thinker and team player with more than 18 years of in internet, project management, product management, knowledge management methodologies and technologies. Proven leadership and team-building skills, coupled with the ability to direct customer focused teams in managing customer relationships and skilled at consulting with clients to solicit and analyze their business requirements and processes to develop business solutions in support of their strategic goals. I am articulate and imaginative, a good listener, can lead or follow and will not go against the grain, manage my work effectively, exhibit leadership qualities, value knowledge and efficiency, set high standards for performance and apply them to myself, calm-collected-analytical, creative and resourceful.
Skills & Methodologies
user experience, Digital, marketing technology & operations
|[+] User Experience
[+] Content Strategy
[+] Digital Strategy
[+] Digital Analytics
|[+] WordPress CMS
[+] Sitecore CMS
[+] Percussion CMS
[+] MS SharePoint
Information Technology, Project Management & Business Analysis
[+] MS Project
[+] MS Visio
[+] MS Office
[+] Training & Documentation
[+] Team Dynamix
[+] Service Now
|[+] Project Management
[+] Systems Analysis
[+] Business Analysis
[+] Project Status Reports & Meetings
[+] Resource & Capacity Management
[+] Liquid Planner
Manager, Marketing Technology & Operations, Jan 2018 – Present
Manage planning and operational processes across the marketing department, including performance management, budget planning and strategic projects. Develop and recommend operational processes that improve Marketing’s value and contribution to the organization. Focus on collaboration and cooperation between marketing teams, information technology, and key partners. Ensure the alignment of business objectives with the operational budget ($2M) including but not limited to: budget management, change management, and people management.
• Source, bid, and evaluate marketing project management system. Led cross-functional marketing project to improve transparency, collaboration and cooperation between marketing departments allowing the organization to prioritize work, estimate resources, track milestones and improve ROI through sourcing and implementing Teamwork project management system.
• Liaison and partner with IT to lead event ROI initiative. Liaison with key partners in Information Technology, Enrollment Management, and Marketing, to lead cross-functional event attribution project to determine event ROI using Salesforce tools and analytics.
• Led cross matrix group to source, select and contract for marketing research. Coordinate marketing research RFP process including vendor selection, facilitated advisory groups; negotiated budget and schedule, and contract specifications.
• Led, manage, and facilitate operations and budget reviews. Manage operations, budget and contractual obligations related to data, technology, contractors, and vendors. Coordinate and support all financial, including reconciling, tracking expenditures, and monthly reporting.
• Led complex website redesign. Oversaw discovery, content strategy, design, development (Sitecore CMS), testing and release. Helped define UX, feature specification and user acceptance criteria.
• Proven track record and achievement: Met or exceeded all performance goals for 2018, advocated for and received 12X in additional digital advertising monies.
Manager, Design, Usability & Web Projects, 2016 – 2018
Plans, directs, and ensures the successful management of user experience and digital business solutions, managing five or more specialists, part of an agile cross-functional team including: usability/user-experience analyst, information architect; designers; content editors; digital/social strategist; one or more developers; and a web analyst. Lead, advocate and evangelize user centered design process used throughout the design life cycle with focus on business goals, improved user experience and mobile first. Identify and prioritize key UX initiatives, collaborate with product owners and project stakeholders to refine requirements; iterate features and ensure properly implemented designs. Assesses resources and workloads and makes appropriate individual assignments, manages and mentors as appropriate.
• The first to lead and manage a UX-team and integrate user-centered design methodologies into IT processes. Present ideas, concepts (e.g. storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, etc.) and collaborate with cross-matrix teams to integrate design outputs into business and strategic products including mobile apps, SharePoint, and websites.
• Led UX-research to create first-ever journey map for the organization. Led UX-research to create first-ever journey map and subsequent processes to understand relationship between digital experience and touchpoints for internal departments.
• Led cross-matrix team in successful performance marketing initiative. Led performance marketing team with a $50k/mo. budget including campaign management, traffic operations, research and analytics, and creative for owned, earned and paid media channels.
• Manage and lead web accessibility training and governance. Wrote policy, developed web accessibility training, audit and maintenance process for WACG2.0 and Section 508 compliance. Create design standards for WACG2.0 and create guides for CMS editors, web and development team.
• Proven track record and achievement: First to lead and manage a team of certified UX professionals and journey map digital experience touch-points. Managed 9 digital projects and 22 user research projects. Met and exceeded performance goals with a recommendation for promotion to senior director.
Manager, Web & Digital Projects, 2014 – 2016
Plans, directs, and ensures the successful management of web and digital business solutions including managing five digital project managers. Works with project managers to prioritize project work, estimate resource needs, assess risks, report critical milestones, and ensure project effectiveness. Maintains excellent communication with all levels of management both within and across organizations to ensure smooth running of all projects undertaken by the team. Has extensive experience in Project/Program Management and is able to lead in the coaching and mentoring of team members to help them achieve individual expectations and deliverables.
• Sitecore CMS implementation and web redesign. led cross-functional team of web content, designers, developers and other technologists through complex redesign and Sitecore CMS implementation using hybrid Agile-Waterfall methodology.
• Manage a team of digital project managers. Lead the development, planning and implementation of web projects; web analytics, usability and accessibility standards to assess the feasibility for assigned projects. Provide positive leadership and effective coaching building rapport, creating an environment of trust and encouraging team members to learn and grow.
• Developed project intake, triage, prioritization, and scheduling methodology. Sourced, selected, and implemented project management system (Wrike.com) that cut internal email by an average of 10%; improved project delivery by 15%, and improved project value through efficiencies gained from eliminating projects with low or poor ROI. Work collaboratively and strategically with executive leadership to identify, evaluate, prioritize, and select projects and negotiate resource allocation.
• Proven track record and achievement: Managed five digital producers/project managers and delivered thirty-three digital products over three years. Met all performance goals and transitioned to Director of User Experience & Design.
Digital Project Manager, 2008 – 2014
Lead the development, planning and implementation of web projects, evaluate user research, web analytics, usability standards and other data to assess the feasibility for assigned projects. Determine workload capacity and website release strategy and supervise front-end developers, content production team, and marketing to define requirements. Defines the marketing requirements and manages the production process by translating user testing and user requirements into feature/function requirements. Deliver key web-analytic insights and monitor SEO, SEM, Social Media trends and performance. Consult with website stakeholders to translate organizational objectives into tactical projects; help to build site by coordinating content strategy, user experience design, and online marketing strategy initiatives.
• Project manage 10 digital projects, 2013-14. Lead the development, planning, and scope work to be completed to include website goals, content and digital strategy, and appropriate metrics, KPI’s. Manage agency and design resources more than $250K.
• Redesign SharePoint intranet, 2012-13. Redesign intranet to be intuitive, follows best practices based on analytic data, user research, surveys, and develop content migration and implementation plan.
• Project manage 7 digital projects, 2010-11. Work with project teams, web committees, managing personas, architecture, SEO, and content plans. Selected to attend leadership program valued at $5k.
• Implemented content strategy framework, 2009-10. Implemented content strategy framework into project plans including content sourcing, governance, and audit processes.
• Proven track record and achievement: Project manage twenty-three digital products over four years. Met and exceeded all performance goals – promoted to Director of Web Projects.
Business & Systems Analyst, 2003 – 2008
Write business requirements for projects, including the scope, objectives, and approach; understand business and system processes, lead requirement sessions, document complex business needs and recommend solutions.
• Develop and manage Quickbase.com workload management system. Develop and manage workload management system which improved insight into business-critical information and knowledge management; allowing critical insight into projects, workload, and other issues.
• Blackboard LMS product manager. Manage product releases, vendor’s compliance against contracted service level agreements and establish appropriate governance processes and procedures to ensure integrity of services rendered.
• Review, analyze, and evaluate SAAS applications. Benchmark vendor supported products and processes through requirements evaluations and scorecards.
• Proven track record and achievement: Met and exceeded all performance goals and promoted to digital project manager.
IT Systems Analyst, 2001 – Dec 2003
Provide project management, research and document business process and system requirements,analyze the system level impacts associated with a variety of change requests, and track assigned tasks and deliverables across multiple projects.
Account Manager, Website Pros, 1999 – 2000
Initiate sales opportunities, collect and document customer requirements for website design and development. Act as liaison for the creative and technical team. Coordinate among cross functional teams to identify challenges and recommend solutions. Receive inbound and make outbound calls regarding website design, managing customer expectations throughout the sales life-cycle.
Key Achievements[+] Top producer selected by senior managers to train and mentor WSPROS employees in sales and customer service techniques; Managed all phases of the sales process to ensure delivery of highest quality product; Consistently maintain weekly sales quotas and achieve the lowest charge back rate through consultative selling, trust, and product knowledge.
Alternative Dispute Resolution Examiner, Prudential Insurance Co., 1998 – 1999
Review policyholder allegation of complaint and agent statements. Analyze policyholder’s contract funds, policy values, and premium history. Investigate and calculate represented abbreviation date (RAD), the original premium commitment (OPC), back and future premium amount, policy status, personal loans, and any agent complaint history. Prepare written summary brief to negotiate findings and evidence orally and in person with arbitrator and the policyholder’s attorney to determine claim remedy.
Key Achievements[+] Met or surpassed monthly and weekly case production quotas each month for three consecutive years; Selected by senior managers to train 30 senior and mid-level contract attorneys; Selected by senior managers to supervise and quality review casework of 30 contract junior attorneys, paralegals, and other professionals; Saved the company over $10k/case
Regulatory (Compliance) Specialist, Prudential Insurance Co., 1996 – 1998
Supervise, train, and quality review case work of 30 attorneys, paralegals, and other professionals. Investigate and analyze consumer-initiated, insurance and investment-related complaints and documents. Analyze equity-based, interest sensitive, and traditional products’ contract funds, policy values, and premium history. Make decisions and investigate employee regulatory violations, bankruptcies, and outside business activities regarding reporting of allegations & settlement of sales practice and procedural violations to the NASD.
Key Achievements[+] Met or surpassed monthly and weekly case production quotas each month for three consecutive years; Promoted to Alternative Dispute Resolution Examiner